That makes sense for Beta users but most of our users will be upgrading from a
previous GA release and the changelog will mislead them. The webpage does not
mention this is a delta from the beta release.

From: Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>
Date: Friday, December 15, 2017 at 10:36 AM
To: Arpit Agarwal <aagar...@hortonworks.com>
Cc: general <general@hadoop.apache.org>, "common-...@hadoop.apache.org"
<common-...@hadoop.apache.org>, "yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org"
<yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org>, "mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org"
<mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org>, "hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org"
<hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 3.0.0 GA is released

Hi Arpit,

If you look at the release announcements, it's made clear that the changelog
for 3.0.0 is diffed based on beta1. This is important since users need to know
what's different from the previous 3.0.0-* releases if they're upgrading.

I agree there's additional value to making combined release notes, but it'd be
something additive rather than replacing what's there.

Best,
Andrew

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 8:27 AM, Arpit Agarwal