On 10/04/2008, Michael Baessler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The Apache UIMA committers ask the Apache Incubator PMC for permission to
> publish a new bug fix
>  release of Apache UIMA version 2.2.2. This release contains bug fixes of for
> release version 2.2.1
>  that was published in December 2007. For details about the fixes, please
> have a look at the release
>  notes.
>
>  We had a vote on uima-dev that resulted in 6 binding +1s
>  (all the committers) and no 0s or -1s.  The vote thread
>  is here:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-uima-dev/200804.mbox/[EMAIL
>  PROTECTED]
>
>  Please review the release candidate here:
>  http://people.apache.org/~mbaessler/uimaj-2.2.2/05/
>
>  There are subdirectories like:
>  /bin - contains the binary distribution files
>  /src - contains the source distribution files
>  /rat - contains the RAT reports (using RAT 0.5.1) with some comments

Not sure I agree that RELEASE_NOTES don't require an AL header.
It would not do any harm to add the header.

Problem building uimaj:

1) javax.activation:activation:jar:1.0.2

<...>

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.uima:uimaj-adapter-soap:jar:2.2.2-incubating
        2) javax.activation:activation:jar:1.0.2

Should it not be using a more recent version, e.g. 1.1 ?

>  The SVN tag for this release candidate is:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.2.2/uimaj-2.2.2-05
>
>  The KEYS file can be found in the SVN at:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-distr/src/main/readme/KEYS

See separate e-mail regarding eol-style settings.

Also, there are 3 .GIF files - the rest are all .gif. Could these be mistakes?