sebb wrote:
> On 10/04/2008, Michael Baessler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> The Apache UIMA committers ask the Apache Incubator PMC for permission to
>> publish a new bug fix
>>  release of Apache UIMA version 2.2.2. This release contains bug fixes of
>> for release version 2.2.1
>>  that was published in December 2007. For details about the fixes, please
>> have a look at the release
>>  notes.
>>
>>  We had a vote on uima-dev that resulted in 6 binding +1s
>>  (all the committers) and no 0s or -1s.  The vote thread
>>  is here:
>>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-uima-dev/200804.mbox/[EMAIL
>>  PROTECTED]
>>
>>  Please review the release candidate here:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~mbaessler/uimaj-2.2.2/05/
>>
>>  There are subdirectories like:
>>  /bin - contains the binary distribution files
>>  /src - contains the source distribution files
>>  /rat - contains the RAT reports (using RAT 0.5.1) with some comments
>
> Not sure I agree that RELEASE_NOTES don't require an AL header.
> It would not do any harm to add the header.

Most parts of the RELEASE_NOTES are generated using JIRA, so I thought we can
apply the rule
mentioned on at http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html. But if you think
it would be better to
have one, we will add a header next time. Hope that this is not a release
stopper.

> Problem building uimaj:
>
> 1) javax.activation:activation:jar:1.0.2
>
> <...>
>
>   Path to dependency:
>         1) org.apache.uima:uimaj-adapter-soap:jar:2.2.2-incubating
>         2) javax.activation:activation:jar:1.0.2
>
> Should it not be using a more recent version, e.g. 1.1 ?

When I remember correctly, I think we explicitly use this version because of
some license changes
for in the latter versions. Maybe some other UIMA committer can explain more
detailed.

>>  The SVN tag for this release candidate is:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.2.2/uimaj-2.2.2-05
>>
>>  The KEYS file can be found in the SVN at:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-distr/src/main/readme/KEYS
>>

> See separate e-mail regarding eol-style settings.
>
> Also, there are 3 .GIF files - the rest are all .gif. Could these be mistakes?

We don't see any issues during our testing of this components (CDE plugin) but
we will change it for
the next release to lower case.

Thanks for checking our release!

-- Michael