sebb wrote:
On 11/04/2008, Thilo Goetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Daniel Kulp wrote:

On Friday 11 April 2008, Adam Lally wrote:

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 9:10 AM, sebb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 11/04/2008, Michael Baessler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > sebb wrote:
 >  > Problem building uimaj:
 >  >
 >  > 1) javax.activation:activation:jar:1.0.2

 Unfortunately only the POM and metadata are present in the M2 repo
for that version - the jar is not present. I raised a JIRA issue for
this:

 http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVENUPLOAD-2014

This is because Sun's license prevents this jar from being
redistributed from the central Maven repository:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-coping-with-sun-jars.html
In the build instructions on the UIMA website, we describe how to
obtain the jar yourself and add it to your local Maven repo:

http://incubator.apache.org/uima/svn.html#building.command.line
Any particular reason you don't exclude this dependency in you poms and
then pull in a version that IS available.  Either the 1.1 version from
java.net:
http://download.java.net/maven/1/javax.activation/jars/

or the geronimo-specs version available at central:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/specs/

(In general, I prefer the geronimo specs versions, but it doesn't really
matter)
 If that works, it'll be vastly preferable to the manual do-hicky
 we have now.  We'll follow up on uima-dev.

FYI: the Geronimo-specs approach works fine for building JMeter.
I changed the POM in the one project that references the javax.activation, changing the dependency to
   <dependency>
     <artifactId>geronimo-activation_1.0.2_spec</artifactId>
     <version>1.2</version>
     <scope>compile</scope>
   </dependency>

This seems to have done the trick - is that all that we need to do? This artifact appears to be Apache v2 licensed.

-Marshall