It is naive to think IBM is bound by the GPL simply
because that's the license java is being offered to the public.
No doubt IBM has access to more favorable terms so
as to continue offering their competitive java executable
under terms largely of their own choosing.

Religion and business decisions rarely have anything to
do with each other.