Greg, I do not care one bit how much commit activity happens at Trac. As long
as there is some kind of active community it is improper to fork it without
their permission. As one of the responses on their email thread says, "Its just
rude".  You can choose to frame it however you want, but if the plan is to take
the current Trace code base and check it in to our subversion repository, then
in my book it is a fork.

That said, it is still unclear to me how this will resolve itself. I have yet
to see any outright support of a fork.  Mostly, "hell, no" or "it's BSD
licensed, let them do what they want", which isn't exactly a resounding
endorsement.

Most of the concern seems to be that they would like to be able to incorporate
whatever work is done in Bloodhound back into Trac but under a BSD license. I'm
not sure why they have concerns about incorporating Apache licensed code but
simply working something out could be helpful. I suspect hosting this project
in git would also help.

Ralph