Hi all,
as far as I've understood we are quite in an impasse here: is there any
quick way out?

I've performed some more analysis and I've come to the following findings:

1. XPP3 is pulled in by XStream (syncope-core and syncope-console WAR files)

[INFO] +- com.thoughtworks.xstream:xstream:jar:1.4.2:compile
[INFO] |  \- xpp3:xpp3_min:jar:1.1.4c:compile

and by ApacheDS (syncope-build-tools WAR file)

[INFO] +- org.apache.directory.server:apacheds-all:jar:1.5.7:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.directory.shared:shared-ldif:jar:0.9.19:compile
[INFO] |  \-
org.apache.directory.shared:shared-dsml-parser:jar:0.9.19:compile
[INFO] |     \- xpp3:xpp3:jar:1.1.4c:compile

XStream says that other XML parsers can be used (
http://xstream.codehaus.org/download.html#optional-deps), I don't know
about ApacheDS - but guess Emmanuel does.

2. The following are all the transitive dependencies currently not
mentioned in L&N files:

org.livetribe:livetribe-jsr223:jar:2.0.6
org.mybatis:mybatis:jar:3.0.6
xmlpull:xmlpull:jar:1.1.3.1
xpp3:xpp3_min:jar:1.1.4c / xpp3:xpp3:jar:1.1.4c
aopalliance:aopalliance:jar:1.0
asm:asm:jar:3.3.1
antlr:antlr:jar:2.7.7
dom4j:dom4j:jar:1.6.1
joda-time:joda-time:jar:2.0

Can we found a simple and shared way to assess what is the legal,
correct and complete, content of Syncope L&N files?
Is there any other ASF project distributing WAR files we can check?

If not: what if just include in L&N files all the deps reported above?
Is this harmful in any way?

Please help: we'd really like to cut out first release...

Best regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/