Hi,

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Christian Grobmeier
<grobme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...We also have 172 IPMC members to date (according committer index).
> Most of the people are not seen often; we have many awol mentors.
> Currently becoming an IPMC member is necessary to become a Mentor. It
> always felt wrong to me. I think one should be able to become a Mentor
> and finally be able to join the IPMC and discuss rules, when he has
> shown merit....

The problem is that people must be members of the Incubator PMC to
vote on releases.

I don't have a problem with having 172 members on this PMC, it is
clear that many of them are not currently active and that's fine.

>...I am proposing now to reconsider Joes
> original proposal and change our community voting to a majority voting
> unless we restructure the IPMC....

What does that mean exactly?
That we consider -1s in votes on IPMC membership to be just a -1 on a
majority vote, as opposed to a veto?
I'm in favor of that, and I don't think we need more rules.

-Bertrand