On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Ross Gardler
<rgard...@opendirective.com> wrote:
> On 27 March 2013 15:54, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Benson Margulies
>> <bimargul...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok, i propose we have an "experiment" [1] where we try having a mentor
>> or two who are not PMC members. Have some other experienced mentors
>> helping to make sure nothing unfixable can go wrong, and just see how
>> it goes for a while, reporting each month with the status.
>>

> In general I'm all for more mentors, but if they are not IPMC members where
> will the binding votes for releases come from?
>

>From PMC members on general@ which is what happens for lots of
poddlings now anyway as most don't get three mentors voting on their
releases and have to come to general@. I'm not suggesting that we
start off the experiment with a poddling having all non-PMC mentors so
there would be other mentors with binding votes being active in the
poddling.

   ...ant