Sent from a mobile device, please excuse mistakes and brevity
On 28 Mar 2013 14:04, "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <
chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Hi Ross,
>
> On 3/27/13 11:33 AM, "Ross Gardler" <rgard...@opendirective.com> wrote:
>
> >On 27 Mar 2013 16:43, "Greg Reddin" <gred...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> ... [snip] ...

> >>Here
> >> >

> >> Your proposal is not terribly different from proposals like what Chris
> >> floated a year or so ago. Yours adds a layer of entities. Chris'
> >>removes a
> >> layer.
> >
> >I disagree. Chris' proposal removes the IPMC thus making the board
legally
> >responsible for everything that committee does today. Yes it replaces it
> >with an oversight body, but how does that scale?
>
> Please let me respectfully disagree with your interpretation of my
> Incubator
> deconstruction proposal [1]. In fact, it does not make the board legally
> responsible
> in any different way than the board is currently responsible for its
> plethora of
> TLPs -- IOW, it doesn't change a thing. It basically suggests that
> incoming projects
> can simply fast track to (t)LPs from the get go, so long as they have >= 3
> ASF members
> present to help execute and manage the Incubator "process" which still
> exists in
> my proposed deconstruction.

My point is that all the oversight currently provided by the IPMC would
have to be provided by the board. We already know that having three mentors
does not guarantee adequate support for podlings.

Ross