On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) <
chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> ...Why is it so hard to see that the board is already watching those 22
> nascent projects in the same manner they watch the 137 TLPs?...

It's not.

Well, maybe it is, but up to a point. The good thing is that podlings
currently get some level of double supervision: the Incubator PMC watches
over them (including via incubator shepherds, which as a board member I
like a lot) and is responsible for them. Board members can additionally
have a look at the detailed podling reports, in addition to the very useful
incubator summary that the IPMC chair produces. Depending on available
time, as a board member I sometimes read all of the detailed reports,
sometimes only the ones that seem to warrant attention, and sometimes just
the chair's summary.

All this works quite well IMO, as a board member I don't see a need to fix
anything.

-Bertrand