Hello Jake,

When talking with Sam Ruby (cc:d) we voiced our concerns about moving all of
our infrastructure over to The Apache Foundation. In particular, our GitHub
presence and our public user-mailing list (i.e. tech support mailing list). I
have articulated our concerns in the freshly updated proposal.

        https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TinkerPopProposal
                Please see "W. Mailing Lists", "Y. Git Repository", and "X.
Subversion Directory".

Sam Ruby had stated that using GitHub for source control is an accepted
practice now. We can (though would prefer not to) move our issue tracking to
JIRA. Again, we have all been using GitHub issue tracking for 5 years and are
comfortable with its interface. Likewise, we can (though would prefer not to),
move our user mailing list to Apache's mail list system. If a distinction is
made between "user mailing list" (tech support) and "contributor mailing list"
(governance), we can (and would prefer) to move over our "TinkerPop
Contributors" mailing list to ASF as this is where all the
legal/political/governance discussion occur and should be under the purview of
ASF.

Thoughts?,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com