On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 11:59 AM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So something Jan and I ran into on the infra list, does anyone know
> definitively what the access rights given to a podling's git repo are, if
> they request one (instead of a svn directory)?
>
> If nothing else we should document it somewhere on the incubator site
> indicating the permission sets for both svn and git.  My current
> understanding is that svn sites are typically incubator wide, svn repos are
> confined to a specific list, and git repos are incubator wide.  The git one
> in particular because we don't create ldap groups for podlings and I've
> heard that we only do groups in git (not individual lists).

git is tied to LDAP, and all podling repos are writable by anyone in
the incubator LDAP group. (there are no podling LDAP groups)

svn is far more fine grained. By default (I think) if you don't create
a podling group, anything under the Incubator's tree in SVN is
writable by any member of the incubator. But you can certainly create
a group and make it more restrictive.

--David