On Wed Dec 31 2014 at 2:45:48 PM David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 2:40 PM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > On Wed Dec 31 2014 at 2:24:36 PM David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:

> are, if

> repos
> >> are
> git
> >> one
> I've
> >> >

> >> git is tied to LDAP, and all podling repos are writable by anyone in
> >> the incubator LDAP group. (there are no podling LDAP groups)
> >>

> > Got it thanks.  I'll update the docs to reflect this as the permission
> > scheme.
> >
> > And here I think will come in Jan's bigger question - do we really want
> all
> > podling committers to be able to commit to all other podlings?
> >

> My question is: What problem are you trying to solve? And has it
> really proven to be a problem?
> I don't think anyone has abused their ability to commit to all
> projects, and it's been this way as long as git has been available.

I'm not sure that there will be an issue.  It could just be a couple of
IPMC members being a little more cautious that needed.  It's more than
likely no one's going to care.

To date, we have always told podlings that the initial committers and your
mentors are the ones who have write access.  Now we're saying if you're
using git, it's any of the 1k + (i might be way off) members of the
incubator group.

Would it be much harder to create the ldap group up front when the
podling's created, and shuffle people in/out at graduation?

John