Agree that release.html needs some polishing, and that there are no
hard rules on the versions (even "don't re-release the same version"
is not written down in letters).

Obviously it would still be confusing to vote over say RC2 of
1.0.0-RC3 and best avoided if possible.   This vote is luckily over
the proper 1.0.0 release - but I also spotted a 1.0.1-RC1 in the Maven
repositories.

On 31 March 2015 at 15:44, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 31.03.2015 16:00, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
>> 8) It would be good to avoid all those "RC RCs" as it's confusing to
>> have multiple levels of release candidates - in Apache, a Release
>> Candidate is this particular thing you are asking us to vote over.
>> (this might have been pointed out earlier). A pre-release can be
>> called anything else, like alpha, golden master, etc.
>> https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what
>
> We've been through this and I disagree. Do not confuse release process
> with release naming. That page conflates the two, which makes it just a
> bit broken IMO. There are no rules for release naming "in Apache".
>
> -- Brane

Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718