On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 2:22 PM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
wrote:

>  ?
> My apologies for not looking up how to actually use Ignite :)
>

> The build still requires the edtFTPj dependency to compile, even
> without -Plgpl - using urideploy through Maven would always pull in
> the edtFTPj dependency.
>
> It is also in the zip:
>   inflating:
> ignite-fabric-1.0.0/libs/optional/ignite-urideploy/edtFTPj-1.5.3.jar

Apologies, I confused it with cron4j, which is part of LGPL-based optional
schedule module and is not included.

> I see it says a different license there
>

> ignite-fabric-1.0.0/libs/optional/ignite-urideploy/licenses/edtftp-license.pdf
> (from http://www.enterprisedt.com/products/edtftpj/doc/license.pdf )
>
> which is "Subject to payment of the Source License fee:" and have
> several requirements for notices (which may or may not be satisfied by
> you including that PDF :) )
>

> This is a bit unclear to me.. have you paid that fee? Do I need to pay
> that fee to use urideploy? Can I give this compiled
> ignite-fabric-1.0.0.zip to a customer, or would they also need to pay
> a fee?

You are absolutely right. I actually completely forgot about this one.
Looks like the license provided is wrong, and we have a license bug. The
actual license is LGPLv2. You can clearly see it from here:
https://enterprisedt.com/products/edtftpj/

Currently, we are not excluding it from the release binary by mistake and
can fix it in the next release. However, we do not include any edtFTPj
source code into Apache Ignite, so the source code of Apache Ignite is LGPL
free. During the build, it ends up in the "libs/optional" folder and is not
turned on, unless explicitly moved to the "libs" folder.

We will definitely address it in the next release. Ticket has been filed: