On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 8:16 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > -0 because of required LGPL dependencies.
>
> I think we established that these were optional and thus allowed during
> the last release:
>
>     http://s.apache.org/vfN
>
>     As far as LGPL, to my knowledge, Ignite only has 2 optional LGPL
>     dependencies which are for the optional integration with the following
>     products:
>
>     - Hibernate ORM, http://hibernate.org/orm/
>     - JTS Topology Suite from VividSolutions for geospatial indexing,
>     http://www.vividsolutions.com/jts/JTSHome.htm

I want to confirm that the LGPL dependencies are optional and are not
included into the release. If you do a maven build with default settings,
then the resulting binary will not have LGPL in it.

The licenses are provided for the optional LGPL modules to let users know
that if they decide to build that module, they will have LGPL dependency in
their project.