+1

I'd like to further elaborate why we did not choose to graduate under Geronimo
or TomEE.

* TomEE: Johnzon is not only bound to a JavaEE container but could really be
used separately, e.g. in CXF. It would be kind of weird if we need to do a
Johnzon release in TomEE first, then build CXF to finally be able to release
TomEE.

* Geronimo is not really active. There are a few parts which are actively
maintained, but those are mainly the parts used by TomEE and the specs sub
project. The rest has very low activity.

What we potentially need for a lot similar projects (BVal, Johnzon, etc) is a
kind of 'EE at Apache' umbrella project. That might be a candidate to graduate
under. After all, the people contributing to those projects are most times the
same anyway ;) But such a project doesn't yet exist.

LieGrue,
strub