From: Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 3, 2019 10:19 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Responsibilities and Improvements (was: Re: Whimsy
general@ subs check (was: .... introduce "[DISCUSS]" threads for podling ...
release candidates))

On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 10:37 PM Ross Gardler <r...@gardler.me> wrote:

> If a podling is a committee in its own right then it can be empowered to
> act on behalf of the board and this its releases can be an act of the
> foundation.

> Podlings would only become full TLPs once they have demonstrated their
> ability to do formal releases.

The above pair of concepts was offered in $priorCycle as "provisional TLPs"
(pTLP). I believe the idea ended when Sam pointed out that if a pTLP is
trusted, then why not just call it a TLP and trust it to label its releases
appropriately? Thus, just create TLPs immediately for a "podling"

[ I know Ross knows this; but for $others who may want to look at
historical proposals, and compare/contrast to current discussion ... search
for "pTLP" ]

Cheers,
-g