> On Mar 6, 2019, at 7:59 AM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 15:53, Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 4:49 PM Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Or put differently; why would we care that someone is inactive on the
>>> IPMC? Are we short on bytes on the LDAP server and need to conserve
>>> space? ;). It should make no difference if there are inactive members of
>>> the IPMC or not.
>>>

>> Have you tried loading the IPMC roster in whimsy?  ; o)
>> Here, look at what I mean:
>> https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committee/incubator
>
> I think the slowness is mainly due to the number of committers (nearly 3000).

Agreed. I think we are bikeshedding on the IPMC membership issue and avoiding
the hard problems:

- Not enough Mentors (not enough active IPMC members)
- Overly Bureaucratic Workflows.
- Incubator Guidance is duplicative both internally and compared to the
authoritative Foundation documentation

Regards,
Dave