Got it. It's quite clear to me now.

Best regards,

Ted Liu,
ASF Member & Sponsor Ambassador

  2019 年 3 月 5 日周二 14:38,Danny Angus<danny.an...@gmail.com> 写道:   I think we
have had projects "leave", back in the day, before we were structured like
this. But thinking about a example, maybe they were sub-projects.
It's worth noting that anyone is free to fork an Apache licenced project at any
time, so there is some protection should the founders which to leave the
foundation with their code. Trademarks would be different.
D.

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019, 6:27 am Justin Mclean, <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

Hi,

Is there a specific reason you ask this?

> 1. In the incubation period, because of some special matters, is it also
> entitled to voluntarily withdraw?

Yes it usually called retiring (although podling don’t really retire) , but
some projects live on elsewhere (like GitHub). The existing ALv2 would need to
be honoured and the project may need to change it name from the Apache one, but
it may not have to. See for example ODF Toolkit.

> 2. After becoming a TLP, can this TLP still have the right to voluntarily
> withdraw?

An Apache project can be retired to the Attic. [1] After this development could
possibly occur elsewhere, but there may be naming and trademark issues to
consider.

I would assume if a project asked the board to no longer be an Apache project /
podling they would consider it and probably wouldn’t want to keep a project
here against it’s will. I can’t recall this ever happening.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://attic.apache.org/process.html