From: Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2020 18:27
To: general@incubator.apache.org <general@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.7.0.rc1

Hi,

-1 (binding) as this release contains code that hasn’t gone though IP clearance
(mshadow).

I checked:
- incubating in name
- disclaimer exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE have improved but I did not do an exhaustive check
-  No unexpected binary file
- ASF files have ASF headers
- unable to compile from source

It also seems that this code may have been released before the PPMC/IPMC vote
is over see [1][2][3][4] There are also branding and trademark issue with this
site [5] This is in addition to the issues previously noted with releases,
branding and trademarks.[6]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://sourceforge.net/projects/apache-mxnet.mirror/