> The ring license seems to include BSD-style licenses with advertising
clauses. These are considered category X.

This is once discovered in [1] and the description is:

ring is licensed under a mix of [MIT, ISC, and OpenSSL’s licenses](
https://github.com/briansmith/ring/blob/main/LICENSE). OpenSSL itself is
licensed under [Apache 2.0](
https://www.openssl.org/source/apache-license-2.0.txt). So ring is Apache
2.0 compatible.

You're right that the LICENSE file contains some sentences about the
advertising
clauses, but that may not be correct. I'll contact the upstream to see if
we can revise the license terms.

> I‘m curious about the name change and why the original name is being
kept. How you provide a bit more detail on this?

This is included in the proposal: Since Ant Group wants to retain the brand
of CeresDB, we renamed the OSS project as HoraeDB before this proposal.

I suppose it's what happened in the other direction for the Answer podling
story.

> Looking at the existing governance, I see that 2/3 of existing PMC
members are needed to vote for a new PMC member. I assume this requirement
will be dropped?

Yep. Simply follow the basic ASF governance as a start is expected.

Best,
tison.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/px7wjcjy3rd4s59d4d3ll1x6y11d240r

Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> 于2023年11月27日周一 07:30写道: