Let me be clear on the reason for keeping the name:

1. Ant Group registered the trademark CeresDB and did marketing work
associated with the product. They want to keep the result under Ant
Group corp even if the software source code is donated to ASF
incubator.
2. Ant Group wants to retain the possibility of providing a product
with the name "CeresDB", although there is not on-going plan now.

These are all the concert reasons that the name is changed to HoraeDB
for donating. And I don't think we have some policies to prevent a
to-be-donated project for doing so - it's effectively the same as Ant
Group donates a project named HoraeDB which shares the same code with
their codebase internally named "CeresDB". I wrote it in the
background to explain why https://github.com/CeresDB/horaedb has its
name, but it can be unrelated to the donation (forget "CeresDB" and
nothing changes).

Best,
tison.

tison <wander4...@gmail.com> 于2023年11月28日周二 09:12写道: