> There are many communication channels e.g. Slack, WeChat, DingTalk. What
will happen to these in the future and who controls them? Will control of
these be transferred to the PMC?

These channels are not included in the proposal and we're going to remove
the entries from README or other content during the entering stage.

For users channel, we plan to maintain (1) GitHub Discussions & Issues (2)
For a user@ list, we may create one if it is necessary. Other IM channels,
during the project building experience, it's less active. So the PMC may
not maintain it or advertise it. If we later find a necessity to run those
channels under the PMC brand, we'll start a discussion then.

> ring is licensed

FYI - https://github.com/briansmith/ring/issues/1827

Also, this is a widely used Rust basic crate that I assume most of the Rust
code released from ASF projects can suffer the same concern. I have
optimistic assumptions that all the ecosystems affected by these concerns
should be able to work out a solution/resolution.

Best,
tison.

tison <wander4...@gmail.com> 于2023年11月27日周一 09:38写道: