On 2/1/2001 at 2:12 PM Sam Ruby wrote:
>I'm not sure why there isn't more reuse going on within Jakarta, but
my _theory_ is that the cost associated with versioning issues exceed
the costs associated with dual maintenance

Another important issue for "commercial-quality" applications is easy
of installation (along with maintenance). Right now, we can deploy a
Struts application, including the datasource pool, with a single JAR.
>From the the traffic on the list, I can tell you this is an essential
feature to many users.

Of course, with Ant, it might be possible to do something clever with
assembling builds from across projects. (Again underscoring the need to
have tools like Ant under our wing.)

-- Tel 716 425-0252; Fax 716 223-2506.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/