on 1/7/02 8:10 PM, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree with Sam here - you have to buy into the Gump nags and understand
> the value, or you are going to think it's an intrusive fussyness, which it
> is, actually :)

Or you could think of it this way...

Part of the 'privilege' of being able to host your project on Jakarta is the
requirement of needing to accept our way of doing things. Of course being
dictators about everything isn't going to work...things like forcing
everyone to use OSX and a certain IDE definitely won't fly...

However, when there are areas where we know damn well that something is the
right way to do things (such as using the ASF license, using Gump's nag
features, having javadocs targets and being consistent in using documented
code formatting), that is part of being part of the Jakarta Community and
the group of people who 'get it'. It is part of being in a larger community
collective and sharing some similar values and development principles.

That is what should make us different than Sourceforge...

-jon