Hi Stefano,

[...]
> My position: give me a solid (possibly GPL-ed) CLI implementation, a
> Java2C# porting tool, a BSD-licensed library of .NET classes and
> java-cloning classes and I say let's kiss java good bye.

And you will be a tinkerer, able to create a non-commercial bare-bones
application in two seconds. For more, you will have to pay Microsoft.

"This implementation is intended to meet the needs of academics,
researchers, curious tinkerers, and those who wish to build independent
versions of the proposed ECMA standards."

Courtesy of Sam Ruby:
http://www.microsoft.com/partner/products/microsoftnet/SharedSourceCsharpCLI
FAQ.asp

"The Microsoft .NET Framework and its accompanying C# compiler are a
commercial product, and have features not found in the ECMA working drafts."
[...] "The source code to the .NET Framework will be available under
Microsoft's Shared Source Licensing Framework-see
http://www.microsoft.com/sharedsource for more details."

Is that acceptable for an Apache developer?

Un saludo,

Alex.