Leo Simons wrote:
> As long as we agree that nothing should get into the way of site functionality (and
>we do), why would you oppose a site that also is easy to navigate and looks good?

The only thing I oppose is the idea something being "set in stone" or
approved by some mythical designer.

http://www.mail-archive.com/general%40jakarta.apache.org/msg04500.html

I need to change something, then I will change it. Everything is a
shared resource here, and every committer is encouraged to take whatever
action they feel prudent.

I actually support what you are doing, so long as you remember who you
are doing it for. The committers are the bosses here. Everything we do
has to empower the committers and help them get past the adminutia and
on with the development; or else there will be no committers, no
products, no users, and no Web site.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services