On 5/3/02 6:01 PM, "Thomas Mahler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Welcome, Thomas.

> Hi,
>
> Martin Poeschl wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> there are only 2 apache developers on the ojb developer list (Jason van Zyl
>> and me)
>> i think it would be good to give the other ojb developers some time to see
>> how
>> everything works here  .
>>

> I agree. We (the OJB developers) will need some time to get used to our
> new home.
>
> OJB has a wide scope (pluggable frontend APIs like JDO and ODMG, JTA and
> JCA integration into J2EE app-servers, pluggable backends adaptors for
> RDBMS, ODBMS, LDAP, XML, etc.).
> You might call it an "object persistence integration platform".
>
> That's why I believe it is a worthy candidate for db.apache.org.
>
> I think db.apache.org is a great idea. And we will be happy to be part
> of it !

I was going to write to you to discuss the idea, but it's better to discuss
here.  I am glad to see that you are interested in the idea.

Have you read the list messages regarding this?

 db.apache.org is the working name for a new, db (et al) oriented apache
subproject.  There are no guarantees that it would be approved by the board.
Failure to create such an entity means that OJB would become a jakarta
subproject, so there doesn't appear to be a downside for OJB to pursue this
if interested.

If you haven't read all the posts (and there was good discussion in them),
please do.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.