PS.

I love how people spend more time getting bent out of shape because there
is a wrong posting on an email list by a newbie and spend more effort
refering them to the 'idiot' page than if they were to just help them out
and politely remind them to next time redirect their questions to the
proper list.  Can't we all just get along???

Vish,
not everybody is a pompous, arrogant, self-serving angry little programmer.
some of us do like to help.  even if you do post to the wrong list.  I know
what its like looking for help and not gettting.

                    Jon Scott

                    Stevens              To:     "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <jon@latchkey.       cc:

                    com>                 Subject:     Re: localhost:8080 vs
localhost???

                    07/16/02 08:42

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to Jakarta

                    General List

http://vpahuja:8080/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap?CMD=appserverping
> where com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap is our custom servlet
> The same fails if I type in following in the URL
> http://vpahuja/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap?CMD=appserverping
> Notice that I do not have 8080 in there.
> I am using Apache 2.0.39 and Tomcat 4.0.3. Do I need to anything specific
> make this work? Like create a special web apps or something?
> Thanks in advance
> --Vish

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/idiot.html

Cheers and Love,