While Jon has a wonderful way of greating newcomers and encouraging
their participation in the community, the
sentimant is not entirely off base as there is a big nice page that
preceeds the page with the list of email addresses that
one basically has to read.  It is a wonder how one can miss it.  (though
IMHO it suffers from "big block of text syndrome")

That being said there is a page on Jon as well that has been dilluted by
the picture on it but the information is still good:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jon.html

-Andy