If you hate unused imports, eclipse (and probably some of the other newer IDEs) support organisation of imports.

Simply right click on the root of your source tree, select "Organize Imports" and it's done.

If you're looking for a stand-alone tool, CheckStyle is a good place to start.

(There is an eclipse plugin for CheckStyle - so you can see style violations while coding - if you so desire)