I'm not a manager....explain this in concrete terms...

On 7/7/03 7:54 AM, "Robert Simpson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> In one sentence, it "intends" to provide a framework for internationalization
> of Java projects, within the Apache/Jakarta projects themselves and for users
> of the Apache/Jakarta code outside Apache.
>
> I had started out trying to see where I could make use of the Jakarta code,
> and eliminate duplication of effort on my part.  But the one thing I ran into
> was most of the Jakarta subprojects do not provide for internationalization,
> which is a shame, because the Java SDK does quite a good job of providing
> support for that.  That might actually be a good thing, since there currently
> is the opportunity to provide a framework for doing it in one place, rather
> than having each subproject do it differently.
>
> Robert Simpson
>
> "Andrew C. Oliver" wrote:
>
>>> From the proposal I was not able to determine *what it intends to do*..
>> Besides that, the criteria for helping is IMHO a bit discouraging.  Granted
>> its hard to help if you've never been outside of Kansas, but maybe Dorothy
>> darn tootin cares about i18n and wants to make sure that toto can use her
>> application...  Perhaps there is something left for her to do even if she
>> only speaks 'merican.
>>
>> -Andy
>>
>> On 7/5/03 12:16 AM, "Tetsuya Kitahata" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, Robert,
>>>

>>> Personally, I am interested in this project, but I am not a *member*
>>> in ASF. (Just a *committer* in jakarta)
>>> How about posting your message to
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> ??
>>> (subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED])
>>> Maybe, you can find the ASF *member*  outside of jakarta.
>>>
>>> Here's a list of the number of *committer* and *member* in ASF umbrella
>>> ( Originally created by Steven Noels)
>>> --
>>> ----
>>> Amount of committers: 677
>>>
>>> "Name","committers","members"
>>> "ant","34","8"
>>> "apr","42","32"
>>> "avalon","80","15"
>>> "cocoon","60","14"
>>> "commons","10","10"
>>> "db","35","9"
>>> "embperl","13","6"
>>> "httpd","145","111"
>>> "incubator","26","12"
>>> "jakarta","314","35"
>>> "james","13","3"
>>> "java","7","1"
>>> "maven","25","4"
>>> "mod_dtcl","9","4"
>>> "modperl","18","7"
>>> "tcl","9","4"
>>> "ws","86","11"
>>> "xml","259","28"
>>> --
>>> ----
>>>
>>> There are only 35 potential "Mentor"s (I mean, sponsors) in jakarta, as
>>> you can see. If you are confident you can build a powerful community,
>>> IMHO you do not have to stick to seek the Mentor in jakarta.
>>>
>>> I hope this mail might help you to some extent.
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>>
>>> -- Tetsuya ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

>>> On 3 Jul 2003 15:23:10 -0000
>>> (Subject: [i18n] Internationalization subproject sponsor?)

>>> Tetsuya Kitahata --  Terra-International, Inc.
>>> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> http://www.terra-intl.com/
>>> (Apache Jakarta Translation, Japanese)
>>> http://jakarta.terra-intl.com/

>> --
>> Andrew C. Oliver
>> http://www.superlinksoftware.com/poi.jsp
>> Custom enhancements and Commercial Implementation for Jakarta POI
>>
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
>> For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi