Tetsuya Kitahata,

The "Incubation Process" document on the web site had indicated that the sponsor
should come from the project that the "incubating" code would eventually be promoted
into.  Since trying to make use of Jakarta code is where I noticed the missing piece,
that's the most obvious place it would go.

I am surprised there isn't more interest in a common internationalization framework
within Jakarta.  But then I have been assuming that there are non-English-speaking
"members" in Jakarta, not just "committers" and other users of the code.  When the
proposal was first submitted to the list, there seemed to be some initial interest - I
even got some suggestions for improving the code and incorporated those into later
revisions.  But if there isn't much interest at this point, I fear it will be
difficult to get it into Jakarta at a later time.

I also fear that if I go back to simply continuing the development of the code myself,
that eventually the need in Jakarta will be recognized, but I will be too far along at
that point to convert everything to it.  Or worse yet, the need will be recognized at
different times within each Jakarta subproject, resulting in each subproject doing
internationalization their own way.

BTW, thanks for sending the test "properties" file in Japanese.  I did incorporate
that into the code, but just on my side so far.

Robert Simpson