First off, as a commiter your entitled to be proposed for membership of the
PMC, which I'd be happy to do.

Thanks for the offer but I don't know if I would qualify for one. The description on the website is pretty broad.

Secondly there has been a long drawn out debate in numerous places
(including here) about the future direction of Jakarta, recently there have
been threads on the PMC list which raise the issue, but they are mainly
just at the "My Idea" stage.

I hope those who have been debating there will raise their issues here, it
is important to involve the whole community in this debate as it affects us
all.

Absolutely, this kind of stuff, I think, belongs here.

-Harish