On Dec 19, 2003, at 12:21 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

Henri Yandell wrote:

If all the PMC's share the same website, who is responsible
for the website as a global concept. For example, the need
to do mirrors.

If a Jakarta-Site PMC exists, all other PMCs [jakarta sub-project based]
are accepting the Jakarta Site PMC's oversight over their websites.

How do you think the Jakarta site works already? The site2 module is just
the "core" Jakarta site. All of the projects already have their own sites
in their own CVS, which are then checked out under the
/www/jakarta.apache.org/$project. Nothing would have to change, unless a
project *wanted* a new domain, from what I can see. Am I missing your
point? I'm just not seeing the problem.

The Jakarta PMC, as the group responsible for oversight of Jakarta, is responsible also for all content on the website.

And I couldn't imagine projects leaving jakarta not wanting their own website.

geir

--- Noel

[EMAIL PROTECTED]