On Oct 27, 2004, at 1:10 AM, Danny Angus wrote:

Dain wrote:

If you want method pointers today, just get a good byte code generation
tool.

Yeah I know, and I seriously believe that workarounds such as this do more
to harm the so-called "purity" of Java than providing explicit language
level mechanisms for method pointers.

I understand what you are saying, but do you believe that Sun could actually get such a feature right? My guess is they would slap so many coding restrictions and security checks around this feature to make is most useless. So, yes, I am arguing that no feature is better than a poorly implemented feature.

-dain