On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:01:27 -0500 (EST), Henri Yandell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here's my mockup proposal:
>
> http://www.apache.org/~bayard/mock-jakarta-frontpage.html
>
> Changes:
>   3 column
>   Strikethrough of links/pages I'd like to kill.
>   Less news.
>   Removal of Related section (aim is to make this a new page).
>   Rewrite of the welcome message to hopefully say the same main thing,
>    but use a lot less space.

This looks OK. The one thing I would change, though, is to get rid of
the indentation under the headings (which would probably necessitate a
slightly larger gap between the columns). As it is now, with the
indent, the center text - and especially the table - becomes a rather
tall, skinny column in a default-sized browser window.

> The aim would also be to switch entirely over to the XSL build version
> which seems to work fine and dump Anakia creation.

+1

--
Martin Cooper