----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Jagielski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <general@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: [draft] SD Magazine: request for change

Henri Yandell wrote:

It may be that leading contributor is, while not an 'Apache Way' to
discuss something, a completely true piece of investigative journalism.
There are definitely parts of Commons where a little bit of investigation
could point out that "Yes, on DBUtils 1.0, David Graham was the lead
developer" (Sorry David :) ).

That may be true, but certainly we do have the right and responsibility to ensure that our desires, as far as how we run and represent ourselves, is accurate as well.

It has always been a major foundation of the ASF that projects
are built and developed by communities, not individuals.
Terms such as "lead" or "main" do cause harm to the community
and have always been actively avoided.

And, yet, all of the complaints about the article have been from people that aren't involved with Tomcat development ;-).

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through
the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information,
such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification
numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.