On 12/15/06, Henning Schmiedehausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hm,

does it pose a real legal threat or is it just a "felt threat" from
Andy?

As long as we're not soliciting trade secrets - tis good. I suspect
this is a case of Andy's lawyer back in the day either having a
different opinion or it being a different scenario/context.

I'm +0 for opening. I'm enthusiastic on pushing POI out of Jakarta to
remove this restriction. While I agree that POI fits Jakarta theme-wise,
this "access restriction" thing feels too much like a wart.

Push it to TLP, make Andy chief, wish them farewell. Problem solved. :-)

Nick's been doing lots of work over there :)

I'm +1 for opening, unless it's decided that POI does need to add
extra process to protect from trade secrets. Currently the view is
that it doesn't - however chatting with Harmony to find out how things
worked for them would be of value.

On TLP - the main worry is that POI lacks overlap with the rest of the
ASF - more like an Incubator project than a normal TLP [maybe that's
too harsh]. My thinking is that we (Jakarta PMC) need to bring them up
to speed and then decide whether things are fitting or not.

Apart from the legal issue and the insularity - I'm +1 for POI
becoming a healthy happy part of Jakarta.

Hen