Will Glass-Husain wrote:
Andy-- No one was going to railroad this through without input from
POI.  See my previous email where I insisted that we have POI
participation.  (and I would have -1'd this automatically if it had
been lacking).   The discussion was civil up until recently.
Okay. It just didn't LOOk that way.

I am wondering about this vote though.  Why now?  and what's the
significance of POI/Jakarta svn access merging?  To me it seems the
flattening of svn is of little significance.  After a year with the
new structure, I see individual cases where committers have
cross-pollinated (in commons, perhaps) but it hasn't seemed to make a
big impact for many subprojects.
+1
So, then - Martin - why are you calling for a vote?  Is there a
pressing need to get access to POI svn?  Are there patches being
submitted but not going in?  Are you just trying to clean up Jakarta,
make it more definable?  Or is there something going on with POI that
we should discuss publically?

+1
There's a reasonable discussion that could be held about the role of
POI and Jakarta.  Maybe we should have that discussion instead of
voting on a controversial but practically insignificant issue.
+1

I'd like to see a TLP. Or baring that an exit.
WILL