On 5/21/07, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/21/07, Martin van den Bemt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Then take it to the next stage. Update the Jakarta home page to
> > include links to our other Java products that were never part of
> > Jakarta, like iBATIS, and invite all ASF Java products to use our news
> > feed. Open the door, and see if anyone walks in.
>
> I am on a different schedule, volunteering on my own terms. In my view doing
this now is
> *way* too premature. I currently only want to invest my time and energy on
Jakarta and
> it's current projects.

That's fair. Every volunteer should scratch their own itch :)

If other volunteers were ready to explore this course of action now,
would you object to someone creating a "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" portal here by
extending the Jakarta home page?

Easy enough to do; resurrect this page and start adding to it :)

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/site/xdocs/site/java_at_apache.xml?view=log&pathrev=482036

Hen