Ted Husted wrote:
> On 5/21/07, Martin van den Bemt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> One link to a separate page isn't a problem, since I prefer that no
>> major changes happen
>> to the main site at this stage.
>> Currently I am pretty much dedicated in keeping Jakarta as a brand.
>> And when that time
>> comes to worry about that, I'll work with the people who still have
>> the itch and the cycles
>> to spare. Starting to make it happen now feels like a waste of time,
>> since the future of
>> Jakarta is by no way set at this moment.
>
> Why does it have to be and either/or proposition?
>
> I would think that regardless of what anyone envisions the future of
> Jakarta to be, extending the home page to highlight *all* of the Java
> products at the ASF would be a Good Thing.

It's a good thing, but not now :)

> The notion of extending the Jakarta home page so that it can become
> the focal point of all things Java at Apache seems orthogonal as to
> whether or not Jakarta continues to host subprojects.

It just removes focus from the tasks we have to deal with *now*.. And if
Jakarta is going to still
be a project with code, I rather see the people involved in that project make
the decisions.

Don't forget there are 2 outcomes for Jakarta (ignoring no Jakarta at all)
- Jakarta as just a website.
- Jakarta as a real Apache project, which means that project owns Jakarta.
Since the Jakarta project
needs to be re-established, the current people on the PMC are not the people on
the new PMC and can
therefor have a different opinion on being java at apache and undo all the work.

Mvgr,
Martin