Hi,

You have several options:

1. Try and recruit someone with existing Solr skills (hard, there is a
skills shortage certainly in the UK and I suspect worldwide, good Solr
people are rare and expensive)
2. Try and recruit someone with good enterprise Java skills, hopefully some
interest in search and Solr, and train them up (slightly easier but a
longer timescale, there are various organisations providing Solr
training/mentoring including my own)
3. Engage a consultancy like us with pre-existing experience in Solr
development to build what you need (much quicker but obviously there's a
cost)
4. Buy a 'packaged' Solr-based search engine such as Fusion from our
partner Lucidworks which will save a lot of time/effort developing
something (very quick but also an initial and ongoing subscription cost).

Hope this helps!

Charlie
Flax
www.flax.co.uk