I have two courses and a book on Solr, aimed for getting started. If you
watch the first part of both of them you could get a better idea of what
needs to be done. They are in Pluralsight:

Getting Started with Enterprise Search Using Apache Solr
<https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/enterprise-search-using-apache-solr>

Implementing Search in .NET Applications
<https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/implementing-search-dotnet-applications>