Background:

WASP Lite for Java is a Web services framework developed by Systinet that
supports SOAP 1.1, WSDL 1.1, and XML Schema 1999/2000/2001. Details,
including binaries and documentation, can be found at
http://www.systinet.com/products/wasp_lite/index.html.

The product is currently distributed under a free commercial binary license.
It has a large user base, many of whom have requested that we make the
source available. A number of companies and individuals have expressed
interest in contributing to the development of this code.

The code has been developed using a modular approach, which should make it
relatively easy for others to get comfortable with the code, and which
should allow easy sharing of code with the SOAP and Axis projects.

We would like to submit this proposal to the members of the Apache XML
project for consideration of accepting this donation as a sub-project.

Thank you very much for your attention to and consideration for this
proposal.

We look foward to your questions, comments, or concerns.

Anne Thomas Manes
CTO, Systinet (formerly Idoox)
www.systinet.com