Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 01:42 +0000, Stuart Herbert wrote:
>
>>There is *only one time* we can guarantee that we'll have a user's
>>attention.  That's right after the message that tells a user how many
>>CONFIG_PROTECT files they need to fix by running etc-update.
>

> I definitely like the --news idea.

I think this is a great idea too.

>>Some of those who hold the keys to those places have actively resisted
>>this in the past.  Personally, I don't think the front page or
>>gentoo-announce will reach many more users than the Forums et al already
>>do.
>

> Well, I think that if users knew that information would be on these
> places, they might actually check them.  Currently, little to no
> information ever makes it to either of these locations, so users never
> bother to check them.  If we were to change that, I'm sure users would
> eventually pick up on the fact.

I would agree with Chris here too. As long as we start using this
channel more and we get the word out, folks will start to be more
attentive to it. We can't satisfy every user out there and I think this
channel has a good chance of working.

--
Lance Albertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager

---
GPG Public Key:  <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1  4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742

ramereth/irc.freenode.net