On Tuesday 01 November 2005 02:51, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> The attached GLEP is a draft proposal for the emerge --news thing
> that's been under discussion. There are still some TODO items. These
> are calls for people to weigh in with suggestions. Of course,
> suggestions on other items are good too...
>
> There is currently no explanation as to why this GLEP should be chosen
> over ChrisWhite's 42. I will add such a section if anyone requests it.
>
> Grant, please pick me a number.

I have one suggestion on an added header. I think that an Overrides:
header should be added. This is for those messages that make a previous
message obsolete. Say for example that an upgrade guide to modular X was
posted, but that a critical error was made in it. This was fixed, and to
make sure that people read the new message, it is not a higher version.

It is however not a good idea to have people then read the old message
when the new message is there.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze