On 3/23/06, Chris Gianelloni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I see no problem with providing these sorts of overlays to
> bridge the gap between contributing users and developers.  I *do* see a
> problem with simply allowing random overlays from any developer for
> anything.

That's a reasonable point, and it's an experience I've not personally
been on the receiving end of.

But the flip side is reasonable too.  Our governing metastructure is
explicitly clear that:

a) Projects are not mandatory, and
b) That competing projects are allowed

I don't see how we can limit overlays to just packages "owned" by the
developers who own the overlay without violating those two policies.

Best regards,
Stu